The Peer Writing Center provides consultations specifically for undergraduate students. Welcome!
Create or log in to your account using your @umich.edu email address to:
- View Peer Writing Center schedules
- Make and manage your appointments
SWEETLAND PEER WRITING CENTER Winter 2024
- Shapiro — Sunday, 7-10 PM; Monday-Thursday, 5-10 PM
- Alice Lloyd Hall — Monday-Thursday, 6-10 PM
- Asynchronous Written Feedback — Sunday, 7-10 PM; Monday-Thursday, 12-10 PM
- Video Meeting — Sunday, 7-10 PM; Monday-Thursday, 12-10 PM
PWC Fall Dates: January 28 - April 23 (Closed February 25-March 3)
Limited study day and exam day scheduling may be available starting April 24.
You have three options for your appointment:
- Make an appointment on the schedule at Alice Lloyd Hall or the Shapiro Library.
- Arrive on time to meet your consultant and begin your session. If you arrive more than 5 minutes past your scheduled appointment time, your appointment will be dropped.
- Either bring a hard copy of your writing or share access to your Google Doc with your consultant.
Google Meet Online appointment--you have a real-time online video/audio, audio, or text chat consultation with a peer writing consultant
- Make an appointment on the schedule.
- Before your appointment, create a Google Doc containing your writing and any relevant assignment details.
- Share your Google Doc with the Peer Writing Consultant, giving them access as a "commenter."
- Log back into WCOnline approximately 5 minutes before the start of the appointment
- Open the appointment, scroll down to the "Google Meet Link" box and click the meeting link that will be shared by your consultant.
- A peer writing consultant will join you for a video or text chat appointment in real-time over Google Meet.
- Open your Google Doc in a window separate from the meeting and resize the windows so that you can view both your document and the writing consultant at the same time.
3.ASYNCHRONOUS WRITTEN FEEDBACK
eTutoring -- we provide written feedback on your writing project (fewer than 8 pages, please!) via email
- Make an appointment on the virtual schedule - be sure to list your specific concerns.
- Upload your assignment prompt (if applicable) and draft document(s) to WCOnline at the bottom of the appointment form. Be sure your share settings are set to anyone with the link. If your consultant can't open and view the document, they will cancel your appointment
- Watch your email for notification that a peer consultant has responded to your paper. You can expect that your paper will be responded to by the end of the scheduled appointment time.
- All appointments begin on the hour and last 45 minutes.
- If you are more than 5 minutes late for your online appointment, it will be dropped.
- You may schedule one appointment per day.
- Please be considerate of our consultants and your fellow students; if you cannot attend your appointment, please cancel it at least one hour before the scheduled start time.
We look forward to working with you! If you have questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.