Create or log in to your account using your @umich.edu email address to:
- View Peer Writing Center schedules
- Make and manage your appointments
- Use the waitlist feature
SWEETLAND PEER WRITING CENTER Winter 2023
The Peer Writing Center provides consultations specifically for undergraduate students.
Shapiro Undergraduate Library, Room 2160 — Sun 7-10 PM, Mon-Thur 5-10 PM
Virtual Peer Writing Center — Sun 7-10 PM, Mon-Thur 12 PM-10 PM
Alice Lloyd Residence Hall, Room 1059 — Sun-Tue 7-10 PM
You have three options for your appointment:
- Come to whichever location you signed up at promptly at the time that your appointment begins
- Bring any prompt/rubric for the assignment you are seeking assistance with
- Bring a hardcopy of your essay to share and mark up with your writing consultant (sharing a google document works as well)
- This is our normal Online Writing Lab service now conducted through Google Meet
- Make an appointment on the schedule
- Before your appointment, create a Google Doc containing your writing and any relevant assignment details
- Share your Google Doc with the Peer Writing Consultant, giving them access as a "commenter"
- Log back into WCOnline approximately 5 minutes before the start of the appointment
- Open the appointment, scroll down to the "Google Meet Link" box and click the meeting link that will be shared by your consultant
- A peer writing consultant will join you for a video or text chat appointment in real-time over Google Meet
- Open your Google Doc in a window separate from the meeting and resize the windows so that you can view both your document and the writing consultant at the same time
- Make an appointment on the virtual schedule - be sure to list your specific concerns
- Upload your assignment prompt (if applicable) and draft document(s) to WCOnline at the bottom of the appointment form
- Watch your email for notification that a peer consultant has responded to your paper. You can expect that your paper will be responded to by the end of the appointment time
- All appointment begin on the hour and last 45 minutes
- If you are more than 5 minutes late for your online appointment, it will be canceled
- You may schedule only one appointment per day
- You may "drop-in" to additional online appointments if a consultant is available. Please notify the consultant directly via email if you "drop-in". Only available up to 10 minutes past the hour for each appointment, beyond that please find a different time slot.
- Please be considerate of our consultants and your fellow students: if you cannot attend your appointment, please cancel it at least one hour before its scheduled start time
We look forward to working with you! If you have questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.